Job Posting: Marketing and Communications Specialist
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Part-Time Approx. 20-30 Hours Per Week (with potential for growth)
Agriculture for Life (Ag for Life) is looking to grow its team. If you are looking for a challenge and want to be part of a dynamic organization, we want to hear from you.
Ag for Life (www.agricultureforlife.ca) is a not for profit organization which delivers educational programming that serves to improve rural and farm safety and build a genuine understanding and appreciation of the impact agriculture has on our lives.
The Marketing & Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the CEO with internal and external communication activities. The Specialist will manage the organizations social media accounts as well as produce engaging content for those accounts. This is a part-time position based out of our Calgary office.
What You’ll Do
Every day is different! This role includes various responsibilities that would keep a detail-oriented professional engaged on a daily basis. As a key member of the marketing and communications team, you will also be integral to the management and execution of marketing campaigns, social media, communications and public relations, both proactive and reactive. Utilizing your outstanding organizational and collaboration skills, you will work closely with internal client groups and external stakeholders to achieve our objectives. As a strategic thinker and self-starter, you will have the ability to manage time efficiently and work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-driven environment.
Coordinate the development and implementation of a social media strategy to capitalize on Ag for Life’s success stories, sponsorship and events, and media coverage to increase brand awareness.
You will be responsible for developing campaigns and creating compelling content that supports objectives across social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Liaise with subject matter experts regarding objectives and message focus.
- Upload, schedule and publish content using Hootsuite across social channels daily, ensuring our brand remains top-of-mind for existing and prospective target audiences.
- Monitor comments and questions on social media channels and act when necessary, in consultation with CEO.
- Research and implement best practices for writing and developing content specifically for social media channels.
- Develop and provide regular reporting on all social channels measuring the effectiveness of Ag for Life’s social media efforts.
- Proactively assess day-to-day social media environment, keep current with all social media trends, and integrate any new platforms and technologies as they become available.
- Assist CEO with the maintenance, evolution and enforcement of social media policies and guidelines.
- Available for occasional off-hour (weeknights and weekend) deliverables relating to account monitoring and response.
Internal & External Communications
Research, write, edit and proofread content for internal and external communications. Collaborate with stakeholders and colleagues for industry specific content.
- Curate new and existing communication pieces for external marketing communications campaigns, in the form of web content, event summaries, blog posts, articles, white papers, and social posts.
- Oversee the content of Ag for Life and program specific websites in collaboration with web specialist.
- Develop and distribute new content for the News section in a timely and efficient manner (e.g. programs, announcements, awards, etc.).
PR & Media Relations
- Provide guidance and support for proactive media pitching.
- Field and respond to all inbound PR requests promptly.
- Coordinate interview requests and interview brief with key messages, Q&A’s and context for the spokesperson(s), where appropriate.
- Manage interview logistics and provide members of the media thorough follow-up materials (photos, additional interviews, etc.) to make the most of each opportunity.
- Build and maintain targeted media lists, and nurture relationships with key reporters in agriculture and mainstream media.
- Plan and execute outbound press releases, as required.
- Utilize media monitoring tools to track and report on activities.
- Support media monitoring and messaging aspects of crisis response protocols.
What You Bring
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Journalism with 3-5 years related experience in a professional environment and have a keen interest in agriculture. Not for profit experience is an asset.
- You have an excellent understanding of the current social media landscape and platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) for business purposes.
- You have experience with social media management and reporting tools, as well as content management systems (e.g. WordPress).
- Experience with digital marketing and email marketing (i.e. SEO, SEM, and Google Analytics).
- Content writing experience e.g. blog posts, web content, marketing material, newsletters.
- Familiarity with the following: Salesforce CRM; InDesign and Illustrator.
- Ability to apply both formatting and design skills across multiple platforms according to company brand standards.
- You are comfortable navigating organizational structures and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful completion of projects.
- You are proactive and comfortable working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- You are confident that your personal leadership and project management skills will help you to manage competing priorities.
- You enjoy a fast-pasted, dynamic environment and have the proven ability to work within tight deadlines, effectively prioritize and execute tasks under pressure while you remain focused on the task at hand.
- Experience with trade shows or event management is an asset.
- You understand that there may be other duties as assigned, and are comfortable going with the flow to meet organizational needs which may require flexible hours outside of regular business hours.
- You demonstrate good critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Send cover letter and resume to Luree Williamson at email@example.com with “Marketing and Communications Specialist” in the email subject line. Please include salary expectations.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants and only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
No phone calls please.
Back to Main»