Calling all Grant Writers
Agriculture for Life (Ag for Life) is currently seeking a part-time Grant Writer.
The Grant Writer is primarily responsible for developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations and will persuasively communicate Ag for Life’s mission and programs to potential funders. Reporting to the CEO, the Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish relationships with foundations, conduct prospect research and maintain/report on a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
The Grant Writer is responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources. This includes researching, compiling, writing and editing grant applications, as well as developing templates to streamline the grant proposal process. This is a fast-paced position with high volume expectations over a relatively short period of time.
- Conducting research on potential funding sources, such as corporate, family and charitable foundations
- Working closely with faculty and staff in developing and transforming ideas into grant proposals
- Maintaining funding opportunity databases, activity tracking system, and related confidential files
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with foundation contacts and program officers
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple proposals moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Ability to pay attention to detail and maintain accurate records
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Works with other departments to obtain necessary information for proposals/grants and applications
- Develops and prepares proposals and grant applications according to guidelines; complies with all follow-up grants reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills are essential
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, highly-organized and have experience using online databases
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Bachelor’s degree, and 3-5 years of relevant experience are required
- Additional non-profit fundraising experience is required
- Proven proficiency of professional writing experience including successful proposals to institutional donors, grant writing or other technical writing experience
- This is not a full-time position.
The Grant Writer reports directly to the CEO. Please submit your cover letter and resume to Luree Williamson at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 15, 2019.
ABOUT AG FOR LIFE
Ag for Life (www.agricultureforlife.ca) is a not for profit organization which delivers educational programming that serves to improve rural and farm safety and build a genuine understanding and appreciation of the impact agriculture has on our lives.
Back to Main»