Agriculture Education Program Coordinator
Agriculture for Life (Ag for Life) is looking to grow its team. If you are looking for a challenge and want to be part of a dynamic organization, we want to hear from you.
Ag for Life (www.agricultureforlife.ca) is a not for profit organization which delivers educational programming that serves to improve rural and farm safety and build a genuine understanding and appreciation of the impact agriculture has on our lives.
Position Overview: Agriculture Education Program Coordinator
Reporting to the CEO, the Agriculture Education Program Coordinator oversees and leads the planning, organization and implementation of learning programs and events for children, youth and adults.
Based out of our Calgary office, but working across Alberta, you will be responsible for the development, coordination, delivery and evaluation of Ag for Life’s agriculture education programs. The role includes program planning, development and instruction. As a key representative of Ag for Life, the Agriculture Education Coordinator will utilize excellent judgement to develop credible and meaningful relationships with business, schools, volunteers and communities. The responsibilities will be done while ensuring consistency with the mission and vision of Ag for Life.
- In consultation with the CEO, help advance our suite of agriculture education programs across Alberta.
- Develop and deliver agriculture education programs that support K-12 programs including classroom presentations, teacher professional development and youth conferences.
- Represent Ag for Life on various educational boards.
- Liaise and coordinate with Ag for Life third-party funded programs.
- Work collaboratively with our team of staff, volunteers and board of directors.
- Lead, design, initiate, and implement learning programs and events, which compliment school curriculum, engage children and youth, and help fulfill teacher’s needs.
- Maintain program records and statistics including program evaluations and reporting requirements.
- Assist Fund Development Manger with agriculture education grant and sponsorship applications and reporting.
- Communicate and promote program activities to various audiences, including funders and other stakeholders via monthly newsletters and social media.
- Collaborate on the design of specific marketing materials.
- Other administration duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree or diploma in science, education and/or related field with a preference given to applicants with an agriculture background.
- Experience leading groups, developing and delivering education programs, and/or working with children, youth and adults considered an asset.
- Ability to interact with students and teachers of all ages in a variety of settings.
- Ability to devise, research, prepare and deliver exciting and engaging learning sessions to diverse audiences.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team setting as well as in an independent, self-directed environment.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Familiarity with the AB curriculum is considered an asset.
- Proficient in a variety of computer applications including Microsoft Office.
- Proven experience creating and effectively managing program budgets.
- An experienced, safe-driver with valid Alberta Drivers Licence and reliable transportation to facilitate travel in Alberta.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible, able to adapt to new and different tasks.
- Task- and detail-oriented, strong prioritization skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal attributes, ability to create relationships in rural/urban/corporate/not for profit environments.
- Creative, out-of-the-box thinker.
- Interested in agriculture and food production and has a strong sense of commitment to the mission of Ag for Life.
- Flexible working environment. Corporate office with work from home opportunity 1 – 2 days a week.
- Calgary (area) based.
- Flexible schedule. Frequent travel within province including overnight, weekend and related overtime.
- Valid Alberta drivers licence and reliable transportation to facilitate travel in Alberta. Time-off-in-lieu and travel expenses are provided.
Send cover letter and resume to Luree Williamson at email@example.com with “Agriculture Education Program Coordinator” in the email subject line. Please include your salary exceptions within your cover letter.
Deadline for submissions: February 15, 2019
Please note that we are unable to respond to all applicants and only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. Thank you.
Back to Main»